Constructive criticism . Polls.

  • jimpuchai
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27 12:40 AM
      Please note that the current structure of the polls gives no
      indication whatsoever as to who posted it. Yes, not even on the
      voting page.
      This sort of omission has in the past led to at least one serious mis-
      understanding.
      I, for one, would like to be able to decide, on the basis of my own
      judgement of an individual, to vote, or not, or to indicate that the
      poll seems fatally flawed.

      Can this information be added?

      Jim Puchai.
    • pthoma_nz
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27 4:34 PM
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "jimpuchai" <puchai4@o...> wrote:

        > Please note that the current structure of the polls gives no
        > indication whatsoever as to who posted it. Yes, not even on the
        > voting page.
        > This sort of omission has in the past led to at least one serious
        mis-
        > understanding.
        > I, for one, would like to be able to decide, on the basis of my
        own
        > judgement of an individual, to vote, or not, or to indicate that
        the
        > poll seems fatally flawed.
        >
        > Can this information be added?
        >
        > Jim Puchai.

        Jim,
        I am still learning, and as such am liable to ask dumb questions. I
        have considered creating a poll, but cringe in case my questions
        have been covered or as you suggest redundant. This isn't a healthy
        environment for progressing. For every simple question someone else
        asks, it is one less I have to. The new distillers group may be a
        better place for me to be but I think I'm somewhere between here and
        there.. (he says, fingers crossed). Ignoring a poll because it is
        created by someone surely shouldn't be more relevant than ignoring
        it because its a lame question (and it wouldn't be asked, I am sure,
        if it wasn't valid). I think it is easy to get excited here because
        we all are passionate about what we have been able to achieve (or
        wish to). I just hope others can be tolerant of my stupid
        rantings....

        Just saying, if others get raked over the coals, I'm hardly liable
        to put my hand up....

        peet