Re: [Distillers] Reusing yeast

  • Ted Palmer
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2001
      >I just think that it makes sense. <
      Makes perfect sense!
      If you want to store the yeast for more than a week it should be washed first and stored under glycerin. I think there is info on that in the bookmarks section.
      The Microbrewery Laboratory Manual
      Part 1: Yeast Management
      http://www.brewingtechniques.com/library/backissues/issue2.4/allen.html
       The Microbrewery Laboratory Manual
      Part III: Wild Yeast Detection and Remediation
      http://www.brewingtechniques.com/library/backissues/issue2.6/allen.html

       The Microbrewery Laboratory Manual
      Part II: Bacteria Detection, Enumeration, and Identification
      http://www.brewingtechniques.com/library/backissues/issue2.5/allen.html
      _____________
      Ted Palmer
      tpalmer@...

      Message 2 of 11 , May 1, 2001
        Yeast Washing for the Homebrewer

        This is a pretty good FAQ for yeast in general too.
        Ted Palmer
        tpalmer@...
      • Ted Palmer
        Message 3 of 11 , May 1, 2001
          Making "lab" alcohol is very challenging and is lots of fun, I enjoy it myself. getting a column to run perfect is akin to model rocketry or building robots. I think we all just want to be the mad scientist tinkering in the basement.
          Ted Palmer
          tpalmer@...