Re: [Distillers] Google groups

  • Derek Hamlet
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2004
      Why ????????
      At 04:11 PM 05/08/2004, you wrote:

      >I thought it might be worth looking at for our group?
      >

      >Cheers Shane.
      >

      >Subject: Important News for Aus-Electronics members
      >
      >Hi group,
      >I have created a new electronics group using the new (beta) Google
      >Groups service here:
      >http://groups-beta.google.com/group/electronics
      >
      >It looks very good, with better messaging functionality than the
      >Yahoo groups.
      >You can choose email, daily message, and web only services, whatever
      >you like.
      >
      >With Yahoo getting very clogged down with advertising etc I think a
      >move to Google groups would be a good idea.
      >
      >Google Groups is also fully integrated with the Usenet news service,
      >so you can do all of your newsgrouping from within the one common
      >interface.
      >
      >I have no plans to shut down the Aus-Electronics Yahoo, as it
      >requires little maintenance, but I encourage everyone to join this
      >new Google service.

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      Derek Hamlet
      Victoria, B.C.
    • Lindsay Williams
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5, 2004
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Derek Hamlet <derekhamlet@s...> wrote:
        > Why ????????

        Haven't you noticed those bloody intrusive rubbish ads that require
        you to click thru? (Presuming google doesn't have them!!).

        > At 04:11 PM 05/08/2004, you wrote:
        >
        > >I thought it might be worth looking at for our group?
        > >

        > >Cheers Shane.

      • Lindsay Williams
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 5, 2004
          Well, I know I get fed up with those damned intrusive ads. Not to
          mention the frequent password requests. I will have a look at the
          google groups.

          Losing the history would be a bummer but I am sure it wouldn't be hard
          to put up a better groups site.

          Cheers, Lindsay.

          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Kirkman" <causewaylake@y...>
          wrote:
          > One off the other yahoo groups I belong to is changeing to Google.
          I havn't looked at it yet but the moderator says it is a better service.

          > I thought it might be worth looking at for our group?
          > Anyway here is the email about it and the address, if anyone wants
          to have a look.

          > Cheers Shane.
          >

          > Subject: Important News for Aus-Electronics members
          >
          > Hi group,
          > I have created a new electronics group using the new (beta) Google
          > Groups service here:
          > http://groups-beta.google.com/group/electronics
          >
          > It looks very good, with better messaging functionality than the
          > Yahoo groups.
          > You can choose email, daily message, and web only services, whatever
          > you like.
          >
          > With Yahoo getting very clogged down with advertising etc I think a
          > move to Google groups would be a good idea.
          >
          > Google Groups is also fully integrated with the Usenet news service,
          > so you can do all of your newsgrouping from within the one common
          > interface.
          >
          > I have no plans to shut down the Aus-Electronics Yahoo, as it
          > requires little maintenance, but I encourage everyone to join this
          > new Google service.

        • K&J
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 5, 2004
            Lindsay,

            Do what I have done and that is to redirect the groups mail to my own e
            mail address and all the rubbish is filtered out . Go to the Yahoo Groups
            Home http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups click Email preferences then under
            options click edit. The good thing about this is that you do not have to
            stay on line to read the mail once delivered and I have set up folders to
            keep the suggestions , Links and recipes which you can refer to at any time
            without being on the net.

            hope this helps

            Cheers
            Ken Mc