Re: first batch o' scotch

  • yttrium_nitrate
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 2, 2004
      It seems like it would be expensive to break apart a barrel and then
      reassemble it. Something that would not appeal to scotish
      sensibilities. I agree that the oak can have a tremendous inpact on
      the flavor, but American/European oak is not the only variabile when
      it comes to oak. The age of the tree, the location of the tree, and
      the part of the tree that is used to make the barrel all have an
      impact on the final taste. The time of year that tree was cut down may
      even change the flavor.