Re: [Distillers] 55 gal. of mash

  • DeanThomas
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2004
      I don't no yet (Lack of experience).
      But I would think that if you Stripped the hole lot, that is no mucking
      around put it through the still as quick as you can You would be able to get
      it done quick enough with out worrying about spoilage. And then re run it at
      your convenience.
      Another option is buy an old fridge that still works maybe from a garage
      sale, find the biggest container that will fit inside and refrigerate your
      mash. In Australia you can pick up good old fridges for less than $50.

      I can see both sides of the argument about size, 55 gallons is pretty big
      but its not exactly mass production.It is good to see how passionate some
      people are about our little hobby though. One suggestion don't take a
      difference of opinion so personal (I've done that already) Id like to think
      of us all as distant friend with a common interest and a little narkyness
      goes along way to upsetting the apple cart.

      Just my thoughts.
      Dean.