Re: Makin's for rum

  • yttrium_nitrate
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2004
      I've tried using something called dry molasses from a local feed
      store. All in all it was a real pain in the ass to use because you
      have to strain the wash after you heat it in order to get rid of all
      the solid stuff that doesn't dissolve. Even after straining, the rum I
      made from it has some of the off flavors from the solid junk. For
      about the same price(~14 dollars) I was able to get 50 pounds of wet
      molasses which has been a lot easier to use.