Re: turbo yeast idea?

  • pthoma_nz
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29, 2004
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "robotguy666" <robotguy666@y...>
      wrote:
      > i was thinking about budding and yeast, and had an idea! why cant i
      > fill a bucket up with 50 L of water and double suger, then let it
      > ferment without a top for 1-2 days then put a top on it to cut off
      the
      > air. it would have enough yeast to make 50 L at 20%???
      >
      > can anybody tell me if this works?
      >
      > mark f USA

      If you read some recent posts it isn't that hard to get 1 packet of
      yeast to ferment 50 litres, you just need to add more nutrient. Add
      DAP, I have tried Youngs head and wort nutrient and found 1 tsp + 1
      tsp of Dap is better than 4 tsp of DAP alone. It takes a bit longer
      but works fine...

      I had an idea about budding too... I thought about starting a 25
      litre on 1 packet of yeast, then after 2 days adding a third of 'the
      starter' to 3 new 50 litre buckets with sugar and nutrient, that way
      1 yeast would create 150 litres... yet to try it

      Just try any ideas you have... you never know....

      peet