Re: [Distillers] Re: re-using yeast

  • Maxime Belair
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 13, 2004
      Thanks, I'll try this again with the tomato paste. My
      first wash used tomato paste + fermaid and didn't
      ferment in a short time. I took months to get to 12%
      !

      Now I made a new recipe using a part of brown sugar in
      the white sugar wash. It ferments at 1% per day but
      when it reach about 10% it started to make only .5%
      per day and it is still fermenting now.

      Also in this recipe I added 1tsp of fermaid (yeast
      nutrient) / 4 liters.

      I don't know why it does not work faster...

      Maybe it's because I didn't start with enough yeast.
      10gr/40L

      Thanks,

      Maxime Belair

      ====
      I use 15lbs sugar, 1 can(6oz) of paste, 2
      > tablespoons lemon juice.
      > I have used many different yeasts, the one I use
      > most is Red Star champagne yeast, 5 -5gram
      > satchets.(I buy it from www.grapestompers.com )
      > BUT...just about any baker's yeast or turbo works
      > well too.
      > It usually ferments out in 1-2 weeks (depending on
      > conditions). I usually get a 15-18%abv .

      Lèche-vitrine ou lèche-écran ?
      magasinage.yahoo.ca