Limoncello

  • Maxime Belair
    Message 1 of 55 , Jul 6 10:35 AM
      Hello,

      Yesterday I tryed a limoncello I made
      following this recipe :
      http://www.homedistiller.org/liqueurs2.htm .

      It is pretty good. It could have more lemon but it's
      ok.
      If you buy limoncello, it is opaque, unlike the
      limoncello made with the recipe above. Mine is a bit
      yellow and clear (after filtration).

      I was asking how could the traditional version be
      opaque, so I tryed adding one drip of milk to a shot
      glass and the color went perfect except that after 10
      minutes the milk was curdle. I guess the liqueur is a
      bit acid.

      So I tryed adding a bit of lemon juice but it does not
      make it enough opaque at all.

      Someone has an advice?

      Thank you,

      Maxime Belair

      Lèche-vitrine ou lèche-écran ?
      magasinage.yahoo.ca
      Message 55 of 55 , Jan 24, 2014
        Actually honey sweetness is equivalent to sucrose.
        Flower nectar is usually mostly diluted sucrose which is converted by bees to mainly glucose and fructose and then concentrated by fanning to about 80% sugar content.

        http://food.oregonstate.edu/learn/faq/faq_sugar53.html

        wal