Re: [Distillers]

  • Rana Pipiens
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2004
      Dave, I was told by a supplier to remove them after each run, to wash them in acid (white vinegar) to remove black sulfur compounds and to rinse them in plain water, Dry thoroughly afterwards before replacing in the column. Rana

      David <maxtonnage@...> wrote:About how many runs can the happy distiller expect to make before removing
      the scrubbers and cleaning them if the unit is well flushed with water
      after every use? Thanks, Dave

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • rodmacd2000
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2004
        Well lets see.

        I'm just now finishing the spirit run for batch #29. Each batch is
        comprised of two stripping runs (each lasting about 9 hours) plus a
        spirit run (lasting about 27 hours).

        I'm still using the same S/S scrubbers I started with more than two
        years ago. Since my column is made of glass (one of John Stone's
        magnificent stills) I can see that the S/S scrubbing is still bright
        and clean.

        Of course I *thoroughly* back flush my column (and boiler) with hot
        water after each use.

        My experience FWIW