Re: [Distillers]

  • Maxime Belair
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2004
      Hmmm..... I'd be afraid that if you don't remove the
      packing after each run that the inside of your copper
      column rust.

      But is it okay to have some blue green rust in your
      still ?
      Will it all come out whit the foreshots?

      This I don't know, maybe someone could help here.

      Maxime Belair

      Lèche-vitrine ou lèche-écran ?
      magasinage.yahoo.ca
    • Rana Pipiens
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2004
        Dave, I was told by a supplier to remove them after each run, to wash them in acid (white vinegar) to remove black sulfur compounds and to rinse them in plain water, Dry thoroughly afterwards before replacing in the column. Rana

        David <maxtonnage@...> wrote:About how many runs can the happy distiller expect to make before removing
        the scrubbers and cleaning them if the unit is well flushed with water
        after every use? Thanks, Dave

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • David
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2004
          About how many runs can the happy distiller expect to make before removing
          the scrubbers and cleaning them if the unit is well flushed with water
          after every use? Thanks, Dave
        • rodmacd2000
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2004
            Well lets see.

            I'm just now finishing the spirit run for batch #29. Each batch is
            comprised of two stripping runs (each lasting about 9 hours) plus a
            spirit run (lasting about 27 hours).

            I'm still using the same S/S scrubbers I started with more than two
            years ago. Since my column is made of glass (one of John Stone's
            magnificent stills) I can see that the S/S scrubbing is still bright
            and clean.

            Of course I *thoroughly* back flush my column (and boiler) with hot
            water after each use.

            My experience FWIW