Re: [Distillers] Flange source Re: BOKAKOB's SR Plans

  • stephen gardipee
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
      singlescanner <singlescanner@...> wrote:
      I want to build the SR still, but I can't source the flange described,
      or a suitable replacement. Anyone know where I could mail order the
      part?

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Wil" <wbg_us@y...> wrote:
      > Thanks so much Rutger!! I built the still, just lost the plans,
      > BTW, it works BEAUTIFULLY!!! Highly recomend the plans to anyone
      > wanting to build.......
      >
      > Again, thanks
      > http://www.homedistiller.org/image/alex_sr.jpg

      I purchased my stainless steel flanges and my stainless steel triclover clamps from... Cardinal Machine Inc. at www.cardinalmachineinc.com

      the 3" Long weld Ferrules were $ 8.69 each.
      the 3" Bolted clamps were 10.77 each the 3"- 3 piece clamps were $13.97 each.
      I also purchased a 2 1/2" stainless steel Tube Fitting Tee for 2 1/2" Tube OD from McMaster-Carr for $41.00 and a bunch of other stainless steel parts.

      www.mcmaster.com

      Stevo

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • GWN
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 2, 2004
        Not sure I understand what the fuss is all about with flanges..
        You don't need one!!

        I dropped pictures in the Photos section under GWN that show how to
        make a colunm to boiler connection that works flawlessly.

        For under $10US at that!!

        GWN

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, stephen gardipee
        <startingstill@y...> wrote:

        > singlescanner <singlescanner@y...> wrote:
        > I want to build the SR still, but I can't source the flange
        described,
        > or a suitable replacement. Anyone know where I could mail order
        the
        > part?
        >
        > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Wil" <wbg_us@y...> wrote:
        > > Thanks so much Rutger!! I built the still, just lost the
        plans,
        > > BTW, it works BEAUTIFULLY!!! Highly recomend the plans to
        anyone
        > > wanting to build.......
        > >
        > > Again, thanks
        > > http://www.homedistiller.org/image/alex_sr.jpg

        > I purchased my stainless steel flanges and my stainless steel
        triclover clamps from... Cardinal Machine Inc. at
        www.cardinalmachineinc.com

        > the 3" Long weld Ferrules were $ 8.69 each.
        > the 3" Bolted clamps were 10.77 each the 3"- 3 piece clamps were
        $13.97 each.
        > I also purchased a 2 1/2" stainless steel Tube Fitting Tee for 2
        1/2" Tube OD from McMaster-Carr for $41.00 and a bunch of other
        stainless steel parts.

        > www.mcmaster.com
        >
        > Stevo
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT