Flange source Re: BOKAKOB's SR Plans

  • Grayson Stewart
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
      I think the flanges you are talking about can be found at
      www.NIBCO.COM A 2" flange is around $40+
    • stephen gardipee
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
        singlescanner <singlescanner@...> wrote:
        I want to build the SR still, but I can't source the flange described,
        or a suitable replacement. Anyone know where I could mail order the
        part?

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Wil" <wbg_us@y...> wrote:
        > Thanks so much Rutger!! I built the still, just lost the plans,
        > BTW, it works BEAUTIFULLY!!! Highly recomend the plans to anyone
        > wanting to build.......
        >
        > Again, thanks
        > http://www.homedistiller.org/image/alex_sr.jpg

        I purchased my stainless steel flanges and my stainless steel triclover clamps from... Cardinal Machine Inc. at www.cardinalmachineinc.com

        the 3" Long weld Ferrules were $ 8.69 each.
        the 3" Bolted clamps were 10.77 each the 3"- 3 piece clamps were $13.97 each.
        I also purchased a 2 1/2" stainless steel Tube Fitting Tee for 2 1/2" Tube OD from McMaster-Carr for $41.00 and a bunch of other stainless steel parts.

        www.mcmaster.com

        Stevo

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • GWN
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 2, 2004
          Not sure I understand what the fuss is all about with flanges..
          You don't need one!!

          I dropped pictures in the Photos section under GWN that show how to
          make a colunm to boiler connection that works flawlessly.

          For under $10US at that!!

          GWN

          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, stephen gardipee
          <startingstill@y...> wrote:

          > singlescanner <singlescanner@y...> wrote:
          > I want to build the SR still, but I can't source the flange
          described,
          > or a suitable replacement. Anyone know where I could mail order
          the
          > part?
          >
          > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Wil" <wbg_us@y...> wrote:
          > > Thanks so much Rutger!! I built the still, just lost the
          plans,
          > > BTW, it works BEAUTIFULLY!!! Highly recomend the plans to
          anyone
          > > wanting to build.......
          > >
          > > Again, thanks
          > > http://www.homedistiller.org/image/alex_sr.jpg

          > I purchased my stainless steel flanges and my stainless steel
          triclover clamps from... Cardinal Machine Inc. at
          www.cardinalmachineinc.com

          > the 3" Long weld Ferrules were $ 8.69 each.
          > the 3" Bolted clamps were 10.77 each the 3"- 3 piece clamps were
          $13.97 each.
          > I also purchased a 2 1/2" stainless steel Tube Fitting Tee for 2
          1/2" Tube OD from McMaster-Carr for $41.00 and a bunch of other
          stainless steel parts.

          > www.mcmaster.com
          >
          > Stevo
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT