Re: Condenser for 4 kW

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 29, 2004
      I'd like to keep it as simple as possible so shotgun and variations
      are not on top of my list (especially with my soldering skills). I
      actually did some testing and I think I found a solution. I did a
      water run with full 4kW and used my 40mm cooling spiral wound from a
      bit over 4 meters of brakeline. It was able to cool the steam but
      there was not much margin left. The max coolant flow was 1.3 liters/s
      and water was coming out at 53C. I hit these numbers to the condenser
      calculator at Tony's site and it seems that power fed to condenser
      was 3.5 kW. Changing the vapor temp to 78C shoved that I'd need 6.5
      meters to cool it off with my current flow rate. Now I think I'll
      solder another 2.5 meters spiral around the copper tube that's
      housing the spiral. That way I have a gloved cold finger with ~6.5
      meters of 5mm brakeline and that should be enough for my power. I'll
      see how it goes and report the results when I get it done and tested.

      Greetz, Riku

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "peter_vcb" <viciousblackout@y...>

      <abbababbaccc@y...>

      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 29, 2004
        Ask M.Nixon & M.McCaw - the authors.
        wal
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, telkom ind <telkom_co_id@y...>
        wrote:

        > anyone know password the book the compleat distiller in pdf file?
        >
        > i was appreciate thank for all, to give me the password.
        >

        > regards,
        >

        > rachel

      • random9988
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 29, 2004
          <abbababbaccc@y...> wrote:
          > I'd like to keep it as simple as possible so shotgun and
          variations
          > are not on top of my list (especially with my soldering
          skills). ..........
          > Greetz, Riku

          With your experience I believe the still will be just fine, but I
          don't understand why you have problems with solder.
          I use low temp solder and flux. I'm definately haven't got any good
          soldering skills but it's easy with low temp solder because it has
          capilary action. It sucks into the slits by itself as long as the
          surface is clean and plenty of flux is on the surface. If there
          happen to be a gap larger than the solder can cover I cool the thing
          down under water and add flux plus some copperwire (from amphora
          mesh for instance) in the gap. heat and the solder sucks into the
          gap.
          Btw do I have to mention that my stills looks like shit? ;)

          //Johan
        • rodmacd2000
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 29, 2004
            You cheap bastard thief.

            If you want the password go to the Amphora society WEB site and pay
            US $12.50

            Regards from a fellow enthusiast!

            wrote:

            > anyone know password the book the compleat distiller in pdf file?
            >
            > i was appreciate thank for all, to give me the password.
            >

            > regards,
            >

            > rachel

          • linw992003
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 29, 2004
              Sod off. Wrong forum for that crap. Pay the $12.50 and continually
              marvel at the great value.

              wrote:

              > anyone know password the book the compleat distiller in pdf file?
              >
              > i was appreciate thank for all, to give me the password.
              >

              > regards,
              >

              > rachel

            • pfcslr
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 29, 2004
                They, the authors, obviously put considerable time and effort inti
                the publication if you want to benifit from their knowledge it seems
                reasonable to remit the $12.50 to at least help them take their
                wives out to dinner as compensation for time spent on the research
                documented in the book! If you can't afford the pirce tag please go
                to Tony's site he had provided a site to answer ANY question free of
                charge, although any donation to it has been well earned.

                wrote:

                > anyone know password the book the compleat distiller in pdf file?
                >
                > i was appreciate thank for all, to give me the password.
                >

                > regards,
                >

                > rachel

              • jerry pace
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 29, 2004
                  Ask a question about the Subject of distilling. You have some of the best minds and experienced helpers available at your finger tips. But to ask the forum to rip off members of this forum....If the price is too steep...Write Your Own Book...What price would you pay to speed your progress to the final end..$12.50 to keep from stumbling in the dark....light a candle and stop whining in the dark...Stealing and ripping off a author is still a rip off...pick a cheaper hobby if it is too costly.Or would you like someone to build You a custom Still?

                  telkom ind <telkom_co_id@...> wrote:
                  anyone know password the book the compleat distiller in pdf file?

                  i was appreciate thank for all, to give me the password.

                  regards,

                  rachel

                  Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                • abbababbaccc
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 30, 2004
                    --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "random9988" <mugg@h...> wrote:
                    > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "abbababbaccc"
                    > <abbababbaccc@y...> wrote:
                    > > I'd like to keep it as simple as possible so shotgun and
                    > variations
                    > > are not on top of my list (especially with my soldering
                    > skills). ..........
                    > > Greetz, Riku
                    >
                    > With your experience I believe the still will be just fine, but I
                    > don't understand why you have problems with solder.
                    > I use low temp solder and flux. I'm definately haven't got any good
                    > soldering skills but it's easy with low temp solder because it has
                    > capilary action. It sucks into the slits by itself as long as the
                    > surface is clean and plenty of flux is on the surface. If there
                    > happen to be a gap larger than the solder can cover I cool the
                    thing
                    > down under water and add flux plus some copperwire (from amphora
                    > mesh for instance) in the gap. heat and the solder sucks into the
                    > gap.
                    > Btw do I have to mention that my stills looks like shit? ;)
                    >
                    > //Johan

                    Maybe it's because I'm lazy and do not clean the surfaces properly,
                    but my solder has a tendency of not sticking and having leaks here
                    and there. After fixing my liebig fifth time due to water leaks I
                    kind of gave up the idea of complicated constructions. Filling with
                    copperwire is a nice idea, I'll try to remember that.

                    Well, I have the thing pretty much planned up. Roll a copper sheet
                    around a 110mm wastepipe and solder/glue with silicone/attach with
                    other methods it to a cylinder. Fill with amhora mesh and add
                    spreaders in between the rolls. Reduce the lower end to 42mm to fit
                    my boiler. Attach a cap (with silicone to make it easily removable)
                    on top with 42mm E/L head sticking through. Use my trusty reflux coil
                    on that head and wound another coil to the outside of the pipe.

                    Greetz, Riku