Re: Hi people!

  • aucifer_aus
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 24, 2004
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "random9988" <mugg@h...> wrote:
      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "aucifer_aus"
      > <fallenphoenix@g...> wrote:
      > > Hi people,
      > > I'm totally new in this field. Sort of accidentally thought
      of
      > > doing it when I was making DIY CO2 generator for my fish tank,
      > which
      > > is the fermentation of the sugar to produce CO2 for the plants in
      > the
      > > tank...the by product is alcohol, which I find it a waste to
      throw
      > it
      > > away...But I don't dare to drink it, cos I'm afraid of methanol
      > > poisoning...So if I was to crush fruits, like orange,
      > > pineapples,filter out only the juice, then add more cane sugar,
      or
      > > refine sugar, and yeast, let it ferment at 25 degrees for a
      > fornight
      > > (till the CO2 production stopped), and filter the mixture...Is it
      > > safe to drink? Would it contain methanol and other harmful stuffs?
      > >
      > > Thankz
      > >
      > > Jager
      >
      > It'll be safe to drink since you're making wine. When mash/wine
      > ferment it'll produce a lot of co2 as you say. But the vapour
      > mixture from the fermentation will also contain water and alcohol
      > and some other by product. Do people really use co2 from
      > fermentation for aquariums?
      > At least don't make it too strong
      > //Johan

      Yeah, people ve been doing this for ages...think about 10 to 15 yrs
      ago...but they just don't ve that idea of drinking the byproduct of
      the fermentation...lol...ven't heard of any fish got killed or
      intoxicated, lol...guessed that even the alochol vapour did go into
      the water...the alcohol % in the water had to be measured by
      0.0000somthing ppm..
      Can check it out at www.arofanatics.com

      But seriously, is safe that i used crushed fruit juice,free of fiber
      or plup, with added cane sugar or refined sugar to ferment...and
      filter out in the product, it's safe to drink?

      i'm quite a timid guy...lol
      Cheers,
      Jager