Re: Fixed Reflux Ratio Head

  • peter_vcb
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 24, 2004
      It is intended that no return condensate is overflowing from the
      condensate plate (except during initial stabilisation). How evenly
      the condensate falls off the reflux coil will depend on its shape and
      the temperature of the column walls, a scrubber underneath the reflux
      coil may help even out the dripping. I have seen a reflux coil in
      operation in a glass column and it drips fairly evenly off it, mine
      was a double helix coil which also helps even dripping.
      The plate may need to be bigger or smaller than the dimensions I
      showed to attain a RR of 10.

      Peter

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Sven Pfitt" <the_gimp98@h...>