RE: [Distillers] 3rd run

  • Robert N
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23, 2004
      Hi Dave, I mainly use Alcotec 48hr and have found this product to work in a
      wide variety of temperatures, although the best temperature is 25 degrees C.
      Currently it gets down to 5C in the brew shed at night and the yeast are
      taking there own sweet time in devouring the 16kg of sugar in a 50 litre
      wash, but they are getting there. During summer the shed temperatures
      averaged around 30~35 C maximum and this yeast managed this extreme as well.
      To make the little blighters work a little quicker in cold weather, you
      could try a heater of some sort. The aquarium immersion type being the most
      efficient, although cutting a hole in the lid of the fermenter is always a
      little off putting. Just buy a second lid for the fermenter for summer.

      Yours in Spirit

      Robert

      _____