Re: Column Query

  • linw992003
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 21, 2004
      Thanks for reply, Robert. It's not quite finished and he was going
      to use immersion elements to heat it. Yes, it would be a good
      stripping still but I would want to get it up to 90%+. Just wondered
      about the channelling effect with scrubbers in a wide column. I
      wouldn't pay too much, either. It is probably worth as much as a not-
      quite-complete boiler.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Robert N" <dinks_c@y...> wrote:
      > Your guestimates on dimensions look about right, this item will do
      the job
      > for you. From looking at the picture it looks as if it requires a
      gas burner
      > to fire it. I have actually made a column like that as a stripping
      still,
      > minus the reflux coil. Mine starts out producing around the 70%ABV
      and
      > tapers down to 10% when I turn it off. I wouldn't pay too much for
      it...

      > Yours in Spirit
      >

      > Robert
      >

      > _____