Re: High % alcohol and plastic caps

  • Grayson Stewart
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
      I store all my stuff in old bottles with plastic caps...not knowing
      if there was a difference in materials between the 80 proof and
      Everclear bottle tops has caused me to have reservations though. I
      just make sure they are stored upright and not on their sides.
      Haven't had a problem yet.

      If your still concerned, take a rubber jar opener, the type that
      helps you get a better grip on a stuck lid... Cut a disk that fits
      tightly inside the bottle cap and when screwed down on the bottle it
      will seal against the bottle's lip.
    • David Lunsford
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
        I had the same thought, but just to be sure, I thought I'd
        ask...thanks....Dave

        At 09:37 PM 6/2/04 -0000, you wrote:
        > <>
        > wrote:
        >> DOES ANY OF THE GROUP RE-USE WHISKEY BOTTLES? I RAN OFF A BIT AND
        > STORED IT
        >> IN SCALDED WHISKEY BOTTLES, AND SOAKED THE PLASTIC CAPS IN
        > BLEACH....DOES
        >> THE HIGH STRENGTH ETHANOL AFFECT THESE LIDS, OR CAPS, AT 89-90%
        > DAVE
        >

        > Dave I know that Everclear comes with plastic caps and it is 95%. So
        > you should be worry free!

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • David Lunsford
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
          Hell, I dont plan on storing it too long.....DaveAt 09:55 PM 6/2/04 -0000,
          you wrote:
          > I store all my stuff in old bottles with plastic caps...not knowing
          > if there was a difference in materials between the 80 proof and
          >
          > Haven't had a problem yet.
          >
          > If your still concerned, take a rubber jar opener, the type that
          > Cut a disk that fits
          > tightly inside the bottle cap and when screwed down on the bottle it
          > will seal against the bottle's lip.

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Robert N
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 3, 2004
            Hi David, have you thought about using corks from wine/champagne bottles.

            Robert

            _____

            I had the same thought, but just to be sure, I thought I'd
            ask...thanks....Dave

            At 09:37 PM 6/2/04 -0000, you wrote:
            > <>
            > wrote:
            >> DOES ANY OF THE GROUP RE-USE WHISKEY BOTTLES? I RAN OFF A BIT AND
            > STORED IT
            >> IN SCALDED WHISKEY BOTTLES, AND SOAKED THE PLASTIC CAPS IN
            > BLEACH....DOES
            >> THE HIGH STRENGTH ETHANOL AFFECT THESE LIDS, OR CAPS, AT 89-90%
            > DAVE
            >

            > Dave I know that Everclear comes with plastic caps and it is 95%. So
            > you should be worry free!

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT
            >
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129vq43hp/M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups
            /S=1705041694:HM/EXP=1086309047/A=2164331/R=0/SIG=11eaelai9/*http:/www.netfl
            ix.com/Default?mqso=60183351> click here

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups/S=
            :HM/A=2164331/rand=488088761>

            _____

            Yahoo! Groups Links