Re: Alcohol % and sugar.

  • stevolate
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2004
      Hi
      I believe you will be correct as your 2 litres of 96.2% is 1924 mill
      of 100%.
      2000 multiplied by 96.2 divided by 100 = 1924 mill of 100%
      Then 1924 mill divided by 5000 multiplied by 100 = 38.48%

      Stevo

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "lapsnuit" <lapsnuit@y...> wrote:
      > Advise wanted please,
      >
      > Regulations force me to create liquor that is only allowed a
      > deviation in alcohol % with 0.3%
      >
      > Measuring alcohol in whisky, wodka and gin is piece of cake with
      > a calibrated alcoholmeter.
      >
      > When it comes to sugared liquors it's becoming a different story,
      > you will require a trial destillation to determine the alcohol
      > content.
      >
      > This trial destillation is done with the "Famous Alkodest" and is a
      > bit of a pain.
      >
      > I have now ordered a big volumetric flask and some smaller ones to
      > do the following: I'll take 2 liter of alcohol (96.2 certified)
      > This I'll fill up with 3 liters of a mixture of water, sugar and
      > concentrate. So I'll have 5 liter in total containing 1924 ml
      > alcohol. I think this is 38.48 % Alc by vol.
      >
      > If I make calculations this way I can avoid the Alkodest.
      > Does anybody see any problem with this ?
      >
      > Thanks
    • Erikstill
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2004
        Yes:
        If you take 1 liter of alcohol and 1 liter of water and mix, the result is less then 2 liter.

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor