High % alcohol and plastic caps

  • pfcslr
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, David Lunsford <maxtonnage@e...>
      wrote:
      > DOES ANY OF THE GROUP RE-USE WHISKEY BOTTLES? I RAN OFF A BIT AND
      STORED IT
      > IN SCALDED WHISKEY BOTTLES, AND SOAKED THE PLASTIC CAPS IN
      BLEACH....DOES
      > THE HIGH STRENGTH ETHANOL AFFECT THESE LIDS, OR CAPS, AT 89-90%
      ABV? DAVE

      Dave I know that Everclear comes with plastic caps and it is 95%. So
      you should be worry free!
    • Grayson Stewart
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
        I store all my stuff in old bottles with plastic caps...not knowing
        if there was a difference in materials between the 80 proof and
        Everclear bottle tops has caused me to have reservations though. I
        just make sure they are stored upright and not on their sides.
        Haven't had a problem yet.

        If your still concerned, take a rubber jar opener, the type that
        helps you get a better grip on a stuck lid... Cut a disk that fits
        tightly inside the bottle cap and when screwed down on the bottle it
        will seal against the bottle's lip.
      • David Lunsford
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
          I had the same thought, but just to be sure, I thought I'd
          ask...thanks....Dave

          At 09:37 PM 6/2/04 -0000, you wrote:
          > <>
          > wrote:
          >> DOES ANY OF THE GROUP RE-USE WHISKEY BOTTLES? I RAN OFF A BIT AND
          > STORED IT
          >> IN SCALDED WHISKEY BOTTLES, AND SOAKED THE PLASTIC CAPS IN
          > BLEACH....DOES
          >> THE HIGH STRENGTH ETHANOL AFFECT THESE LIDS, OR CAPS, AT 89-90%
          > DAVE
          >

          > Dave I know that Everclear comes with plastic caps and it is 95%. So
          > you should be worry free!

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • David Lunsford
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
            Hell, I dont plan on storing it too long.....DaveAt 09:55 PM 6/2/04 -0000,
            you wrote:
            > I store all my stuff in old bottles with plastic caps...not knowing
            > if there was a difference in materials between the 80 proof and
            >
            > Haven't had a problem yet.
            >
            > If your still concerned, take a rubber jar opener, the type that
            > Cut a disk that fits
            > tightly inside the bottle cap and when screwed down on the bottle it
            > will seal against the bottle's lip.

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT
            >
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Robert N
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 3, 2004
              Hi David, have you thought about using corks from wine/champagne bottles.

              Robert

              _____

              I had the same thought, but just to be sure, I thought I'd
              ask...thanks....Dave

              At 09:37 PM 6/2/04 -0000, you wrote:
              > <>
              > wrote:
              >> DOES ANY OF THE GROUP RE-USE WHISKEY BOTTLES? I RAN OFF A BIT AND
              > STORED IT
              >> IN SCALDED WHISKEY BOTTLES, AND SOAKED THE PLASTIC CAPS IN
              > BLEACH....DOES
              >> THE HIGH STRENGTH ETHANOL AFFECT THESE LIDS, OR CAPS, AT 89-90%
              > DAVE
              >

              > Dave I know that Everclear comes with plastic caps and it is 95%. So
              > you should be worry free!

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129vq43hp/M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups
              /S=1705041694:HM/EXP=1086309047/A=2164331/R=0/SIG=11eaelai9/*http:/www.netfl
              ix.com/Default?mqso=60183351> click here

              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups/S=
              :HM/A=2164331/rand=488088761>

              _____

              Yahoo! Groups Links