Re: [Distillers]

  • Rana Pipiens
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
      Dave, I reuse bottles for my product. I don't know for sure about the plastic lid and that strength of alcohol but I wouildn't worry about using bleach and boiling water for cleaning since alcohol at that strength is going to sanitize the bottles and is strong enough even at much lower% that nothing will grow in it. I would think that a good rinse with hot tap water would suffice. Rana
      David Lunsford <maxtonnage@...> wrote:DOES ANY OF THE GROUP RE-USE WHISKEY BOTTLES? I RAN OFF A BIT AND STORED IT
      IN SCALDED WHISKEY BOTTLES, AND SOAKED THE PLASTIC CAPS IN BLEACH....DOES
      THE HIGH STRENGTH ETHANOL AFFECT THESE LIDS, OR CAPS, AT 89-90%ABV? DAVE

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • David Lunsford
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
        DOES ANY OF THE GROUP RE-USE WHISKEY BOTTLES? I RAN OFF A BIT AND STORED IT
        IN SCALDED WHISKEY BOTTLES, AND SOAKED THE PLASTIC CAPS IN BLEACH....DOES
        THE HIGH STRENGTH ETHANOL AFFECT THESE LIDS, OR CAPS, AT 89-90%ABV? DAVE
      • pfcslr
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, David Lunsford <maxtonnage@e...>
          wrote:
          > DOES ANY OF THE GROUP RE-USE WHISKEY BOTTLES? I RAN OFF A BIT AND
          STORED IT
          > IN SCALDED WHISKEY BOTTLES, AND SOAKED THE PLASTIC CAPS IN
          BLEACH....DOES
          > THE HIGH STRENGTH ETHANOL AFFECT THESE LIDS, OR CAPS, AT 89-90%
          ABV? DAVE

          Dave I know that Everclear comes with plastic caps and it is 95%. So
          you should be worry free!
        • Grayson Stewart
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
            I store all my stuff in old bottles with plastic caps...not knowing
            if there was a difference in materials between the 80 proof and
            Everclear bottle tops has caused me to have reservations though. I
            just make sure they are stored upright and not on their sides.
            Haven't had a problem yet.

            If your still concerned, take a rubber jar opener, the type that
            helps you get a better grip on a stuck lid... Cut a disk that fits
            tightly inside the bottle cap and when screwed down on the bottle it
            will seal against the bottle's lip.
          • David Lunsford
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
              I had the same thought, but just to be sure, I thought I'd
              ask...thanks....Dave

              At 09:37 PM 6/2/04 -0000, you wrote:
              > <>
              > wrote:
              >> DOES ANY OF THE GROUP RE-USE WHISKEY BOTTLES? I RAN OFF A BIT AND
              > STORED IT
              >> IN SCALDED WHISKEY BOTTLES, AND SOAKED THE PLASTIC CAPS IN
              > BLEACH....DOES
              >> THE HIGH STRENGTH ETHANOL AFFECT THESE LIDS, OR CAPS, AT 89-90%
              > DAVE
              >

              > Dave I know that Everclear comes with plastic caps and it is 95%. So
              > you should be worry free!

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • David Lunsford
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 2, 2004
                Hell, I dont plan on storing it too long.....DaveAt 09:55 PM 6/2/04 -0000,
                you wrote:
                > I store all my stuff in old bottles with plastic caps...not knowing
                > if there was a difference in materials between the 80 proof and
                >
                > Haven't had a problem yet.
                >
                > If your still concerned, take a rubber jar opener, the type that
                > Cut a disk that fits
                > tightly inside the bottle cap and when screwed down on the bottle it
                > will seal against the bottle's lip.

                > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT
                >
                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Robert N
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 3, 2004
                  Hi David, have you thought about using corks from wine/champagne bottles.

                  Robert

                  _____

                  I had the same thought, but just to be sure, I thought I'd
                  ask...thanks....Dave

                  At 09:37 PM 6/2/04 -0000, you wrote:
                  > <>
                  > wrote:
                  >> DOES ANY OF THE GROUP RE-USE WHISKEY BOTTLES? I RAN OFF A BIT AND
                  > STORED IT
                  >> IN SCALDED WHISKEY BOTTLES, AND SOAKED THE PLASTIC CAPS IN
                  > BLEACH....DOES
                  >> THE HIGH STRENGTH ETHANOL AFFECT THESE LIDS, OR CAPS, AT 89-90%
                  > DAVE
                  >

                  > Dave I know that Everclear comes with plastic caps and it is 95%. So
                  > you should be worry free!

                  > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT
                  >
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129vq43hp/M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups
                  /S=1705041694:HM/EXP=1086309047/A=2164331/R=0/SIG=11eaelai9/*http:/www.netfl
                  ix.com/Default?mqso=60183351> click here

                  <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups/S=
                  :HM/A=2164331/rand=488088761>

                  _____

                  Yahoo! Groups Links