Tin: Sn: Is it toxic for distilling?

  • Zarklan Zhaphedoix
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2004
      I was reading a book I purchased ages ago "The Alaska Bootlegger's Bible" and in the section on kegging it stated that you could get a regular brass type outside the house faucet and using molten tin(Sn) cast it into the bung hole of the keg.

      Could I make a fixture connecting my 2" column to a keg by casting molten tin in and around a reduced fitting? If Tin is nontoxic would this be easier than all of the other strange modifications we do to our boiling vessels?