Re: Yet another! air cooled still idea...

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2004
      Yeah, it was set up as a potstill, 2 meters pipe going slightly
      downwards from the boiler. In a similar fashion you could set the
      pipe on slight upwards angle and cut it into two pieces (with proper
      mass distribution) connected together in zig-zag pattern. Add a
      support structure and you have a nice low ambient cooling condenser
      on top of the column.

      Or you can have it straight up and use a fan and a shroud to push air
      through it (room permitting).

      I found my pipe at a mobile home shop. They are used as heating
      radiators inside the mobile home.

      Good luck, and let us know what you build.

      Greetz, Riku

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "watertrade2003" <james1@w...>