Russian Style Vodka

  • vetomeyou
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31 9:10 PM
      Does anyone know the proper way to make traditional Russian vodka
      from potatoes?

      Rich
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31 11:10 PM
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "vetomeyou"
        <richardljohnson@s...> wrote:
        > Does anyone know the proper way to make traditional Russian vodka
        > from potatoes?
        >
        > Rich

        Traditional Russian vodka is made from rye, not potatoes. Here's a
        quick link on the history of vodka...
        http://www.russianfoods.com/cuisine/article00016/default.asp

        I'm sure wal has posted much about vodka. Search the archives.

        If you want to know how to process potatoes into spirit, then read
        the relative sections in "Distillation & Denaturing 1907" in the
        distillers library. It's chapter VII or page 136...

      • richardljohnson@sbcglobal.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2004
          Thanks Harry,
          Much apperciated
          > Does anyone know the proper way to make traditional Russian vodka
          > from potatoes?
          >
          > Rich

          Traditional Russian vodka is made from rye, not potatoes. Here's a
          quick link on the history of vodka...
          http://www.russianfoods.com/cuisine/article00016/default.asp

          I'm sure wal has posted much about vodka. Search the archives.

          If you want to know how to process potatoes into spirit, then read
          the relative sections in "Distillation & Denaturing 1907" in the
          distillers library. It's chapter VII or page 136...

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor