Heat-controllers

  • graeme_smithson@xtra.co.nz
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2001
      Hi Group,

      Yes, there are a few references to heat-controllers available at kiwi-
      distillers site - a couple of which make me shudder. Smithers
      circuit is the only one I would entertain building, but I could not
      source the TDA1023 chip at either RS Components or Farnell.

      Searched my own library of clippings - there it was!!! See message
      2071 refluxing.... for the reference - pages are 18 - 24. (my
      apologies upon the spelling of Silicon)

      I have honoured my undertaking to forward via postal mail copies of
      this article to those who provide a postal address. One site-reader
      has offered to post the article on this site upon receipt - something
      I have been reticent to do without sanction of the designer or
      publisher.......

      My construction is well advanced and upon receipt of two components
      ordered I will post my impressions. (a week?)

      A triac is an electronic switch - nothing more - nothing less.
      Triacs require an electronic driving/controlling circuit.

      do not "hang-up" over descriptive values. Triacs are like loud-
      speakers - values quoted for a Triac circuit are maximum values, and
      provided this value is in excess of the load of your heating element
      then there is absolutely no problem. The figures do NOT have to
      match - i.e. a 2400watt triac circuit will control with ease a 750
      watt heater load.

      Todays musings??? put through a "mature" wash - i.e. a month
      settling of the yeast. Lovely result, but I am rather bemused in
      that I could not achieve total reflux - no output at all. Whilst I
      can achieve the 93% easily, this slowly drops with subsequent
      outputs. my head is still with temperature control of the pot and I
      am furiously trying to align with the tremendous graph in message

      regards,

      Graeme