Re: [Distillers] Making of liquiers

  • Gary Gluyas
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 7:17 PM
      Hello Glenn

      Simply use 250gms of plain white sugar.

      If you are using a reflux still (like I am), I tend to reduce the sugar by
      10% as I am finding it a little too sweet.

      I also put 3 mls of glycerine per bottle (1000-1125 mls) in every bottle to
      give a further improved taste.

      Cheers
      Kiwi Gary
      gluyas@...
      MILL-FORD LODGE HOMEBREW SHOP
      www.pbsltd.co.nz

      ----------
      From: glennnat@...
      To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Distillers] Making of liquiers
      Date: Monday, 2 April 2001 14:04

      Can someone tell me if i want to make a bottle of top shelf melon
      liquer ...what does the 250 mls of white sugar mean ...how do i
      convert raw sugar to that ??
      thank Glenn

    • Pete Sayers
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2 3:12 PM
        Hi Glenn, with the t/s melon, we have found that if you dont like your
        liqueurs too sweet, cut the sugar back.As far as the mls measurement of the
        sugar go, if you take a standard liquid measure kitchen jug, pour in the
        sugar up to the 250ml level, give the jug a shake to level out the sugar,
        and hey presto. However, as i said, some of my customers have reduced the
        initial sugar addition, then taste tested the liqueur, and added sugar to
        taste, if necessary.
        regards Pete