Re;Vector,vacuum still and H. Bergman

  • Jack Ricks
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2001
      Hi there
      I read with interest all your comments on the vacuum stills
      and have a couple of questions
      1. to H Bergmann, could you please post your scetches and information
      on your ideas on vacuum stills.
      2.Vectors. The only information I can find on this subject is in an
      old encyclopedia and it doesn't give much on the subject.
      The design of a vector must be very simple and simple to construct.
      Has anyone got any design stats on a vector eg;volume of water
      flow,inlet pipe size,size of the vacuum pipe or even the exact disign
      details one could construct a vector.

      I am sure someone will have this information and will be only too
      willing to share it with others.

      Many thanks for the info on vacuum stills so far,

      Kind Regards
      Jack
    • antik@isl.is
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2001
        Hi Jack and others.

        > 1. to H Bergmann, could you please post your scetches and
        >information on your ideas on vacuum stills.

        I´ll do that. But it could take up to a week.

        > 2.Vectors. The only information I can find on this subject is in an
        > old encyclopedia and it doesn't give much on the subject.
        > The design of a vector must be very simple and simple to construct.
        > Has anyone got any design stats on a vector eg;volume of water
        > flow,inlet pipe size,size of the vacuum pipe or even the exact
        >disign details one could construct a vector.

        Why do you want to build a vector? They´re about 20-25USD. here, so
        they are not that expensive.
        The vectors I have seen are made of plastic because plastic is easier
        and cheaper. So if you want to build one you would have to make one
        out of metal pipes and you would problebly spend more then 20-25USD.
        Plus it would be heavier and therefore you´d have to bolt it to a
        wall or something.
        If you want a larger vacuum, I would try to increase the water input.
        Actually this is the first thing I´ll do when I get the chance. All
        you need is another cold water valve. Unless you happen
        to have a bigger water source. I´m not madly optimistic about though.
        The best thing really would be to contact the manufacturer and ask
        about max. vacuum when using an household water source (30L. min.?)
        and so on.
        Then again, building it could be fun. And perhaps....not that hard.
        I´ll have to examine it (the vector) better.
        If you´re having trouble getting your hands on vector I suppose I
        could arrange something.

        Ok, any thoughts?

        -H. Bergmann.