Re: busted

    Message 1 of 14 , May 5, 2004
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "bmusall" <confederaterebel@a...>
      wrote:
      > a boy down in gergia just got busted. they found one still that
      would
      > produce 149 gallons of moonshine. they also found 2 more stills
      and a
      > pot patch. they said that it was the biggest still to have ever
      been
      > found. now i may be wrong on some of these facts but am sure one
      > y'all could find out more bout this. so much for low key.

      Some folks got short memories.
      That's only a baby compared to what they had in the '60's. Here's
      an extract from "A Breed Apart", a true story by former ATF Special
      Agent Charles Weems, trying to bring Georgia boy J.R.Turner to
      justice.

      "It was one of the largest stills I had ever seen, with a 20'
      (diameter) boiler and 54 fermenters holding 220 gallons apiece.
      There were 1,260 gallons of moonshine and 10,000 gallons of beer
      ready to be shipped along with 10 tons of sugar, an important
      ingredient in the process."

      Read the story here...
      http://ngeorgia.com/history/abreedapart.html

    • David
      Message 2 of 14 , May 6, 2004
        I sure hope the BATF sticks with the bigboys and leaves my little 25
        liter hobby alone.
      • homadechilly
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 10, 2006
          Just a note.....gotta be careful fellas

          http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0809062moonshine1.html?
          link=rssfeed
        • Robert Thomas
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 10, 2006
            I never wear overalls when 'stilling. So I'll be alright! Plus (the
            other story) my wife is scared of heights.

            Mind yew, what's the tale about sheep and cliffs.....

            no, won't go there! Plus My wife is not a sheep! I'd like to clarify
            that.

            oh, dear, time to quit.
            cheers
            Rob.

            --- homadechilly <homadechilly@...> wrote:

            > Just a note.....gotta be careful fellas
            >
            > http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0809062moonshine1.html?
            > link=rssfeed

            Cheers,
            Rob.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Link D'Antoni
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 10, 2006
              Moral of the story:

              1. Don't sell it
              2. Don't wear overalls.

              Link

              --- homadechilly <homadechilly@...> wrote:

              > Just a note.....gotta be careful fellas

              http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0809062moonshine1.html?
              > link=rssfeed

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • !Zapata Vive!
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 10, 2006
                Moral continued:
                3. Don't make 300 gallons.
                4. Don't store it in plastic containers! My god, what are they
                doing to their customers?! If they read this group they'd know
                better than to use plastic!

                (BTW, I might be referring to the other bust linked in there, I don't
                remember which was which)

                On Aug 10, 2006, at 12:42 PM, Link D'Antoni wrote:

                > Moral of the story:
                >
                > 1. Don't sell it
                > 2. Don't wear overalls.
                >
                > Link
                >
                > --- homadechilly <homadechilly@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Just a note.....gotta be careful fellas
                > >

                > http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0809062moonshine1.html?
                > > link=rssfeed

                > http://mail.yahoo.com

              • subsonic40grain
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 10, 2006
                  --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Link D'Antoni <link2d@...> wrote:

                  > Moral of the story:
                  >
                  > 1. Don't sell it
                  > 2. Don't wear overalls.
                  >
                  > Link

                  ## Yeah, I don't wear them either! but I did buy a pair of those
                  dungarees for my wife when she was pregnant, and well sexy they were
                  too!

                  ## But seriously, if the guy goes down, maybe someone can post where
                  he goes and a few of us may like to drop him a line to say hang in
                  there? Most of us are probably guilty of the first count, but not
                  the selling OR the dungarees. The latter may have given the product
                  some REALLY serious credibility mind....

                  Subsonic.
                • Campbell Ritchie
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 10, 2006
                    --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Thomas <whosbrewing@...>
                    wrote:

                    > I never wear overalls when 'stilling. So I'll be alright! Plus (the
                    > other story) my wife is scared of heights.
                    >

                    > Mind yew, what's the tale about sheep and cliffs.....
                    >
                    > no, won't go there! Plus My wife is not a sheep! I'd like to
                    clarify
                    > that.
                    >
                    > oh, dear, time to quit.
                    > cheers
                    > Rob.

                    What's her name again?
                    Baaarbera? ;^)

                    Campbell
                    With a sheepish grin
                  • Andrew Bugal
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 10, 2006
                      NEVER sell your product. You would never recover what it cost you to make.

                      As regards suitable attire, I have heard that in Australia and New Zealand, they don't wear overalls but they do wear large top rubber boots called gumboots. Has something to do with being able to get the back legs of a sheep in them while distilling and/or sampling product?

                      Bwyze

                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 10, 2006
                        Oh, now you've done it! I'm running for cover.
                        cheers
                        Rob.

                        --- Andrew Bugal <bwyze44@...> wrote:

                        > NEVER sell your product. You would never recover what it cost you to
                        > make.
                        >
                        > As regards suitable attire, I have heard that in Australia and New
                        > Zealand, they don't wear overalls but they do wear large top rubber
                        > boots called gumboots. Has something to do with being able to get
                        > the back legs of a sheep in them while distilling and/or sampling
                        > product?
                        >
                        > Bwyze
                        >
                        > subsonic40grain <subsonic40grain@...> wrote:
                        > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Link D'Antoni
                        > <link2d@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Moral of the story:
                        > >
                        > > 1. Don't sell it
                        > > 2. Don't wear overalls.
                        > >
                        > > Link
                        >
                        > ## Yeah, I don't wear them either! but I did buy a pair of those
                        > dungarees for my wife when she was pregnant, and well sexy they were
                        > too!
                        >
                        > ## But seriously, if the guy goes down, maybe someone can post where
                        > he goes and a few of us may like to drop him a line to say hang in
                        > there? Most of us are probably guilty of the first count, but not
                        > the selling OR the dungarees. The latter may have given the product
                        > some REALLY serious credibility mind....
                        >
                        > Subsonic.

                        > http://au.messenger.yahoo.com

                        Cheers,
                        Rob.

                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                      • duds2u
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 11, 2006
                          Speaking of gumboots.
                          I heard Kiwis are now practising safe sex. The put a cross on the back
                          of the ones that kick
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 12, 2006
                            In Godzone (God's own country), gumboots are worn in winter. Gumboot
                            throwing is a new sport. In summer they wear jandals which they
                            invented in the 50's.
                            (jandals = JA[panesesa]NDALS known is OZ as thongs or havaianas in Brazil)
                            They also make a local gin (South Gin) which contains local botanicals.
                            The above is a bit of Kiwiana.
                            wal
                            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Bugal <bwyze44@...> wrote:

                            > NEVER sell your product. You would never recover what it cost you
                            to make.

                            > As regards suitable attire, I have heard that in Australia and New
                            Zealand, they don't wear overalls but they do wear large top rubber
                            boots called gumboots. Has something to do with being able to get the
                            back legs of a sheep in them while distilling and/or sampling product?

                            > Bwyze
                            >
                            > subsonic40grain <subsonic40grain@...> wrote:
                            > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Link D'Antoni <link2d@>
                            wrote:

                            > > Moral of the story:
                            > >
                            > > 1. Don't sell it
                            > > 2. Don't wear overalls.
                            > >
                            > > Link
                            >
                            > ## Yeah, I don't wear them either! but I did buy a pair of those
                            > dungarees for my wife when she was pregnant, and well sexy they were
                            > too!
                            >
                            > ## But seriously, if the guy goes down, maybe someone can post where
                            > he goes and a few of us may like to drop him a line to say hang in
                            > there? Most of us are probably guilty of the first count, but not
                            > the selling OR the dungarees. The latter may have given the product
                            > some REALLY serious credibility mind....
                            >
                            > Subsonic.

                            http://au.messenger.yahoo.com

                          • Anthony Athawes
                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 12, 2006
                              They were throwing wellies (gumboots) over their heads in Young Farmers for
                              distance competitions, several score years ago, in North Yorkshire.

                              Glad this sophisticated sport has trickled down to you.

                              Tony

                              In Godzone (God's own country), gumboots are worn in winter. Gumboot
                              throwing is a new sport. In summer they wear jandals which they
                              invented in the 50's.
                              (jandals = JA[panesesa]NDALS known is OZ as thongs or havaianas in Brazil)
                              They also make a local gin (South Gin) which contains local botanicals.
                              The above is a bit of Kiwiana.
                              wal
                              --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Bugal <bwyze44@...> wrote:

                              > NEVER sell your product. You would never recover what it cost you
                              to make.

                              > As regards suitable attire, I have heard that in Australia and New
                              Zealand, they don't wear overalls but they do wear large top rubber
                              boots called gumboots. Has something to do with being able to get the
                              back legs of a sheep in them while distilling and/or sampling product?

                              > Bwyze
                              >
                              > subsonic40grain <subsonic40grain@...> wrote:
                              > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Link D'Antoni <link2d@>
                              wrote:

                              > > Moral of the story:
                              > >
                              > > 1. Don't sell it
                              > > 2. Don't wear overalls.
                              > >
                              > > Link
                              >
                              > ## Yeah, I don't wear them either! but I did buy a pair of those
                              > dungarees for my wife when she was pregnant, and well sexy they were
                              > too!
                              >
                              > ## But seriously, if the guy goes down, maybe someone can post where
                              > he goes and a few of us may like to drop him a line to say hang in
                              > there? Most of us are probably guilty of the first count, but not
                              > the selling OR the dungarees. The latter may have given the product
                              > some REALLY serious credibility mind....
                              >
                              > Subsonic.

                              http://au.messenger.yahoo.com

                              Yahoo! Groups Links