heaters? help me!

  • robotguy666
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2004
      what is the best heater for a still. I am looking to make a spiral
      still and need a good, low price heating element. Also is there a
      heater out there that will regulator may mash? please give me a web
      site or a brand name. Please help me. I need some.

      thanks,
      Mark
    • David
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2004
        I'm not sure exactly what your looking for but the element I use is a
        typical 120 volt, 1500 watt, water heater element that I bought at a
        hardware store for about $7.00 (US). I also control the temperature
        of the element with a "Lutron C-1500" dimmer switch that I bought on
        ebay for about $25.00. The dimmer switch normally sells for about
        $50.00. I cut a hole in the side of my tank close to the bottom and
        then welded a 1" pipe coupling into the hole. using the gasket that
        came with element I then screwed the element into the coupling. This
        setup works very well and has no leaks. hope that helps.