Re: amazing still. please help

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2004
      Here's few pictures of a tuned version of amazing still:
      Makes 60-70% stuff from 18% mash, output % goes down as the % in
      mash goes down. For the heater I'm using Schego Titanium 300W
      (IIRC), keeps the mash at 80C and provides quicker runs.

      Greetz, Riku

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "robotguy666" <robotguy666@y...>
      wrote:
      > Can anybody help me with my problem? my amazing still will only
      get up
      > to 41C. I bought the still form www.brewhaus.com. i dont know what
      is
      > wrong with the heater. It says it can go up to 50C but i cannot get
      > near that temp.also do i totaly put the whole heater in the
      water? I
      > am only producing about 1/4L a day. Why is the? Is it because I am
      > only heating the mash up to 41C or what. also is it better to have
      > cooler room to us the amazing still. like will it run better if the
      > room is cooler. Also is there any othere "tricks" for the amazing
      still?

      > thank you,
      > Mark
    • abbababbaccc
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2004
        Two easy tricks, use some PP insulation for the inner bucket to make
        life easier for the heater and tilt the 25l bucket a bit. Tilting
        the bucket makes the condensate flow down from the lid instead of
        dripping back to mash.