Re: Protected Polish vodka brands

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2004
      My climate is southern Australia which is Mediterranean (similar to
      California). At the moment my bison grass is in pots but doing fine.
      It dies down in the winter (about +15C) but picks up in spring.
      Doesn't seem to be as aromatic as the dried grass I got from the U.S.
      I am happy with my own Zubrowka vodka though.
      Kaffir lime is a wild SE Asian lime. Normally the leaves are used in
      Vietnamese cooking. The fruit is very wrinkly. Compare the peel to
      other citrus to see if is similar. Citrus leaves are added to citrus
      liqueurs as are citrus blossom.
      Lemon grass is great as is lemon verbena and lemon balm. All contain
      citronella.
      Galangal is used in many old elixir recipes.
      wal
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Rana Pipiens <ranah2o@y...> wrote:
      > Thanks for the info Wal. I checked the local liquor store which
      stocks many high quality whiskeys,tequilas ( one over $200 a 750ml
      bottle) and vodkas and was told that they had some zubrowka on order
      and then a Polish friend is bringing some over that his sister
      brought on a visit from Poland. What area do you live in and how
      hardy is your bison grass in the area? Also, I've always wondered
      how kafir lime, lemon grass or galangal would do as a flavoring. Any
      suggestions?

      Service.