Re: Thanks Harry...Here's the condensor pics

  • jimpuchai
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Harry" <gnikomson2000@y...>
      wrote:

      > You can use any of the popular programs to adjust your pics.
      > Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, Irfanview (free) or even Window Paint
      > (part of Windows).
      >
      > HTH
      > Slainte!
      > regards Harry
      >
      > BTW, nice camera you've got (Kodak Easyshare cx6230 Zoom Digital

      Hello Grayson,

      I just discovered this recently which may help you. There is an easy
      Image Resizer as one of the powertoys for WinXP.
      I have given you a choice of links. If you download this small
      programme, then execute it, it will add Image Resizer to your right
      click menu in XP. It is simplicity itself. Gives you three choices,
      small, medium and large in jig time.

      I tracked it down when I read a post from a real estate agent. He
      claimed this was the absolute bees knees for his industry. I don't
      think he was wrong, and I know it will surely make your moderator
      happy.

      http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/install/2/wxp/en-
      us/imageresizerpowertoysetup.exe

      http://tinyurl.com/2yt2

      This link will take you to the associated descriptive and other
      information on picture sizes.

      http://tinyurl.com/36n

      Jim P.
    • Derek Hamlet
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
        Very nice indeed. If I missed the note describing your technique could you
        repost. If you did not describe your winding method, perhaps you could do so.
        Thanks
        At 11:38 PM 29/02/2004, you wrote:
        >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Grayson Stewart"
        ><grayson_stewart66@y...> wrote:
        > > Thanks Harry. I did have the pics on the free yahoo briefcase
        > > file. Used your idea about geocities to get these up today.
        > >
        > > http://tinyurl.com/33be3
        >

        >Very nice work indeed.

        Derek Hamlet
        Victoria, B.C.
      • Grayson Stewart
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
          >>If you did not describe your winding method, perhaps you could do
          so.

          Take a 20 foot segment of tubing and completly fill with salt. This
          requires using a small funnel and tapping the tubing as you fill. I
          worked from each end and placed tape over the end not being filled
          at the moment.

          I left a two foot long segment of the tubing uncoiled and taped it
          parallel to the broom stick. This gave me leverage to begin my
          coils and a segment with plenty of length for plumbing up the water
          later. The two foot segment will be the "top" of the condensor, and
          I wound "down" the broomstick....away from the 2 foot long straight
          piece.

          Using the formula for a circle perimeter ( 3.14 times the centerline
          diamter of the coil ) I was able to estimate the length of the
          tubing that I would use going "down" the broomstick and this being
          where I would begin forming the coils back "up" the broomstick.
          Just remember the centerline diamter of the second row of coils will
          be greater than the inner row of coils. My condensor doesn't come
          all the way back to the beginning point, but I chose to do that so I
          could pack a scrubber around the outside of the coils and one down
          the center of the coil to condense any vapor that may try to pass.

          With the two foot of tubing taped to the broom stick, carefully
          begin twisting the tubing around the broom stick going "down". I
          heated the tubing with a propane torch to soften and allow the coils
          to be made a little easier.

          I only heated about a foot of the tubing at a time. As soon as that
          one foot is heated (about a 30 to 45 seconds) I began to make the
          coils. Only forming coils with the length that was heated.

          I used a leather welders glove and would press or force the tubing
          around the broom stick holding the tubing near the broomstick. It
          gets a little warm even with a glove but not too hot to handle.

          After one or two coils are made I would heat up the next one foot
          segment and form more coils. Continue this till you reach your
          return marker that was placed using the formula above.

          Repeat back up the coils already made leaving enough length of
          straight tubing to plumb up the condensor later. Hint: I left the
          salt in the tubing after forming all my coils so I still had the
          benefit of that packing in forming any additional bends I needed
          after placing my 2" cap on.

          Hope this helps!