Proud of my condensor - hate to cover it up.

  • Grayson Stewart
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 29, 2004
      When I first tried forming my condensor I was a little hard
      headed. First attempt was simply by hand with no form or
      jig....that attempt went to the scrap pile.
      Second attempt was to fill the tubing with water and use golf
      tees at each end.....that attempt also went to the scrap pile.
      Third attempt was actually listening to the advice of posters
      on the group and taking the time to fill the tubing with salt and
      carefully forming the coils around a broom handle, even annealing
      short segments of the tubing as I formed it up.

      Here's a few links to what I finally got!

      http://tinyurl.com/35rvx
      http://tinyurl.com/2kk4k
      http://tinyurl.com/2jnyl

      Moral of this story: Listen to the wealth of knowledge the group
      has to offer!
    • Matt SF
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 29, 2004
        On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 03:04:02PM -0000, Grayson Stewart wrote:
        > Here's a few links to what I finally got!
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/35rvx
        > http://tinyurl.com/2kk4k
        > http://tinyurl.com/2jnyl

        Sorry, Grayson, but these all seem to be coming back as 404 now. You
        might want to re-enter them into tinyurl or send the long links!

        -matt

      • Grayson Stewart
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 29, 2004
          Let's see if this works....I'll even list the tiny URL with the long
          ones for good measure since I don't have alot of experience with the
          tiny URL site.
          The problem might be that Yahoo no longer allows public viewing of
          briefcase files without a Yahoo ID. At any rate, I went back to
          double check that the folder was available for public viewing.

          http://tinyurl.com/2uqhn
          http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/4037a129_9b35/bc/Still/100_0031.jpg?
          bfmDkQABsROVhvuE

          http://tinyurl.com/3465g
          http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/4037a129_9b35/bc/Still/100_0032.jpg?
          bfmDkQAB0lLishdv

          http://tinyurl.com/3f484
          http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/4037a129_9b35/bc/Still/100_0033.jpg?
          bfmDkQABQP752Tk_
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 29, 2004
            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Grayson Stewart"
            <grayson_stewart66@y...> wrote:
            > Let's see if this works....I'll even list the tiny URL with the
            long
            > ones for good measure since I don't have alot of experience with
            the
            > tiny URL site.
            > The problem might be that Yahoo no longer allows public viewing of
            > briefcase files without a Yahoo ID. At any rate, I went back to
            > double check that the folder was available for public viewing.
            >
            > http://tinyurl.com/2uqhn
            > http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/4037a129_9b35/bc/Still/100_0031.jpg?
            > bfmDkQABsROVhvuE
            >
            > http://tinyurl.com/3465g
            > http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/4037a129_9b35/bc/Still/100_0032.jpg?
            > bfmDkQAB0lLishdv
            >
            > http://tinyurl.com/3f484
            > http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/4037a129_9b35/bc/Still/100_0033.jpg?
            > bfmDkQABQP752Tk_

            From the briefcase site, 3 share options...

            Private (only I have access to this folder and any folders within
            it.)

            Public (everyone can access this folder.)
            Note: The free service on Yahoo! Briefcase does not allow public
            sharing of files/full-size images.

            Friends (only Yahoo! users listed below can access this folder and
            any folders within it.)
            (separate Yahoo! User IDs with commas or spaces)

            I'm assuming you have a free yahoo briefcase, hence the 404's. If
            you have a paid briefcase, you can share it publicly. If not, then
            I suggest you set up a free web page on geocities and post your
            files there. This will allow public viewing (with a single popup
            from yahoo). If you need help in setup, email me
            gnikomson2000@...

          • Frederick Christiansen
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 1, 2004
              Grayson, Your coil is sure something to behold and I fully understand you
              not wanting to cover it up. Speaking from a tube bending perspective you
              have done wonders, a true work of art. From an efficiency standpoint I
              wonder if you haven't made something to perfect. The windings are so very
              tight; I would think some separation between the individual coils would
              benefit the process of condensing the vapor. - My thoughts Derf.

              Let's see if this works....I'll even list the tiny URL with the long
              ones for good measure since I don't have alot of experience with the
              tiny URL site.
              The problem might be that Yahoo no longer allows public viewing of
              briefcase files without a Yahoo ID. At any rate, I went back to
              double check that the folder was available for public viewing.

              http://tinyurl.com/2uqhn
              http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/4037a129_9b35/bc/Still/100_0031.jpg?
              bfmDkQABsROVhvuE

              http://tinyurl.com/3465g
              http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/4037a129_9b35/bc/Still/100_0032.jpg?
              bfmDkQAB0lLishdv

              http://tinyurl.com/3f484
              http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/4037a129_9b35/bc/Still/100_0033.jpg?
              bfmDkQABQP752Tk_

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Grayson Stewart
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 1, 2004
                From an efficiency standpoint I
                > wonder if you haven't made something to perfect. The windings are
                so very
                > tight; I would think some separation between the individual coils
                would
                > benefit the process of condensing the vapor. - My thoughts Derf.

                I wondered about the same thing too. Thats why I plan to
                loosely pack a scrubber around the top portion of the condensor that
                is single wound and also place one along the entire "inside" of the
                coils. I assume the vapor will have to find somewhere to go and it
                will condense on the tubing or the scrubbers.

                I was also wondering just how much loss I will have to vapor
                condensed BETWEEN the double row of coils and remains trapped
                there. Every drop counts!