corn sugar

  • raptillicus2
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 12, 2004
      Has anyone made whiskey ,from corn sugar. I can get corn sugar,for
      the same price as rolled corn.
    • theholymackerel
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 12, 2004
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "raptillicus2" <rudytbagis@a...>
        wrote:
        > Has anyone made whiskey ,from corn sugar. I can get corn sugar,for
        > the same price as rolled corn.

        If ya ferment corn sugar ya get a sugar wash... It will not taste
        like whiskey.
      • patenteer
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 6 11:34 AM
          Hi,
          I'm wondering if anyone has a conversion factor for using 43/42 Corn Syrup in place of Sugar in distilling
        • Shot Man
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 9 6:06 AM
            Hi patenteer,
            I would say use however much it takes to get your SG correct. I used corn syrup once in some corn mash instead of suger and that is what I did. Worked the tasted the same to me. Cost way more than suger though.
            Have a good one,
            shotman

            I'm wondering if anyone has a conversion factor for using 43/42 Corn Syrup in place of Sugar in distilling