RE: [Distillers] Only 88%

  • Tony & Elle Ackland
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2001
      >I have a 25 ltr still with a 1380w element with a 'Stillmaker"
      >head. I have the tower filled with s/steel scrubbers and no matter
      >what I do with the cooling water flow I still only get 88% spirit,
      >any help would be appreciated.

      Pilch,

      How tall is your column ? (taller than 1m would be prefered)
      While you're at it, what diameter ? (should be greater approx 1.5 inch for
      a 1380W)

      How many "pass-through" tubes do you have (you may need a few more, or a
      better version of them - eg how about a small internal cooling coil there -
      anything to increase the cooling surface area)

      Tony