Re: [Distillers] WHITE CLOUDY SPIRIT

  • Gary Gluyas
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2001
      Hello

      I also tend to agree with Deb - you are cooking it too long and ending up
      with too much tails!

      I am finding it rather interesting in that you are not getting any off
      taste or smells though - most unusual!

      Cheers
      Gary

      MILL-FORD LODGE HOMEBREW SHOP
      gluyas@...

      www.pbsltd.co.nz

      ----------
      From: Deb <witchwriter@...>
      To: Distillers <Distillers@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: RE: [Distillers] WHITE CLOUDY SPIRIT
      Date: Friday, 2 March 2001 13:46

      If you are getting a cloudy product you are cooking it too long. Water
      causes cloudiness. Hope this helps!
      Deb Brewer

      witchwriter@...

      ICQ #13688671

      http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Bunker/8212/DebsPlace.html

      .:*W*:._.:*I*:._.:*T*:._.:*C*:._.:*H*:._.:*W*:._.:*R*:._.:*I*:._.:*T*:._.:*E

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2001
        Does the cloudyness go away by itself after a few days ? I've noticed some
        of mine doing this, because of fine air bubbles in it, coming from air that
        had been disolved in the water. It cleared by itself.

        I've had another lot, which was cloudy at 90%, once it had cooled down.
        But it went away when diluted down to 40%. I was also suspecting that it
        was trace amounts of tails in there. So, just made sure that I used a
        strong essence with it (used an Ouzo one)

        Tony