Re: Yet More Questions + Bigtime Thankyou to Alex

  • Brain Solenoid
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2004
      > Pardon my electrical ignorance here, but:
      > If you use a 3000W element (240V) plugged into 120V supply do you
      need any special requirements in the plug or cord. How many amps is
      it?

      > I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
      > Ben

      Ben,
      Watts = Volts x Amps, and since the Wattage is quartered when you
      apply 110V to a 220/240V element, then:

      (3000W / 4) / 120V = 6.25A

      I'm not sparky, but that's the way it looks to me. The great Mike
      Nixon explained why the Wattage is quartered, but I have that E-mail
      on my home computer and not here.

      BS