Re: [Distillers] finishing fermentation

  • Ted Palmer
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2001
      No, I don't have any problems with my ferments, I was answering scotts question. As far as what yeasts I use in the brewhouse, white labs California ale 2 is my work horse for the pale ale, ipa and porter. White labs also has a very nice Belgian ale yeast that I use for my scotch ale recipe(fermented at 59 degrees F so I get very little phenols) and for a couple of Belgian styles that I do a few times a year. both of these yeasts have an attenuation level of 75 to 80% which makes them good choices for distilling as well. My fermenters are glycol jacketed and will keep a temp to within one degree and have cone bottoms for yeast recovery. It's the only way to go!
      Ted Palmer
      tpalmer@...