euro extension

  • moonshiyner
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2004
      G'day all

      I decided today to build an extension for my SU euro still.

      Bought 1200mm of 50mm stainless tube and a heap of scrubbers to pack
      it with, Wanted to use copper tube but the price of 50mm copper is
      bloody ridiculous.

      My question is, for the cooling at the top of the column do I have a
      single cooling through tube or can I use PVC tubing wrapped around
      the outside like some comercial units
      How close to the top of the tower do I have the cooling?

      Cheers
      Doug
    • David Johnson
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2004
        Well I have mine running with a 1m copper tube packed with SS scrubbers and
        about 10 turns of PVC tubing near the top and I must say I am very happy
        with it.

        I haven't measured ABV lately (mainly just go on temperature), but I must
        say it seems much smoother than the product from the ~30cm original tube,
        and I knows it's at least 90%.

        As I recall SS would have been a lot more expensive - 1 m of copper pipe
        only set me back $AU20. Perhaps I just got the right guy on the right day
        (I must admit I didn't ask for a receipt :-))