Ethyl Acetate

  • Sven Pfitt
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2004
      I was going to ask if this was produced by the yeast or if it was a
      product of acetic acid reacting with another ether compound during
      the boil, however I looked on the internet first and found an
      interesting article showing yeast production of various compounds and
      their flavor thresholds.

      http://www.musiccitybrewers.com/lowcalorie.pdf

      Interesting article on low calorie beer.

      It is easy to misintrepret the data to believe that dark beer has
      lower levels of many byproducts than other beer. I believe it was
      yeast strain related since the later chart indicates that the
      differnt batches were all fermented with different yeast.

      Sven