Re: [Distillers] Re: Distilling bitter beer

  • confederaterebel@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 30, 2004
      i agree on the agein process............but like most people who wants ta
      wait......but waitin is part of it.....shame ta spoil a good beer (or one that
      might be)

    • jestah_nz
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 30, 2004
        I was given 30l of wine that tasted like mouse wizz....

        I striped (using a pot still) 10l to about 40% and tasted it and it
        was alot better then stripd the rest and gave it all a good long
        refluxing in my VM still.

        do a small test and if it cleans it up id say you could get rid of
        most of the bitterness

        Why not age half the beer and then make the rest into spirts OR
        age half the beer, pot still .25 and reflux .25 and put it all aside
        untill be beer is good and enjoy them all at a
        beer-that-was-crap-but-now-is-good tast testing party?

        Jestah