Re: Feints

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 29, 2004
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "vojeto" <vojeto@y...> wrote:

      > Maybe I wasn't specific enough. Assume we're dealing with one
      spirit
      > type (e.g. whiskey). Suppose you get one unit of heads to 3 units
      of
      > tails from a run. If you bung them together, then what you add to
      > the next run is feints in the proportion of 1 of heads to 3 of
      > tails. Now, if you kept the heads and the tails separate, you
      could
      > add feints in the proportion of, say 1 of heads to 2 of tails.
      > Wouldn't this give even more control and repeatability?
      [Obviously,
      > I'm speaking from a position of ignorance here.]
      >
      > Cheers
      > JRae

      Most certainly! By all means, go ahead and experiment, and KEEP
      NOTES! That's the beauty of this hobby. We try all sorts of
      additions, subtractions, concoctions, etc. to arrive at something
      that pleases us. If it doesn't please us then we can always throw
      it in the general feints bucket and reflux it to make an acceptible
      vodka, and maybe use that as a base for a real nice schnapps. Not
      many hobbies can boast that kind of versatility.