Re: [Distillers] Re: Port

  • Dick
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22, 2001
      > > I was just up in Sonoma County's Alexander Valley this weekend and
      > picked
      > > up many wines.  And a couple ports, one of which is chocolate
      > infused.
      > > But nothing beats a good tawny port, and some dark (~70%) dark
      > chocolate
      > > on the side, now that's a dessert!!
      I'll settle for Cockburns Special Reserve after an RN Mess Dinner. On my
      last 'Grey Funnel Line' steamer we used to play Liar (Poker) Dice for bottles
      of Cockburns port, one memorable night 10 of us getting through 7 bottles of
      Special Reserve - happy days & wish I could do that now (but bet my liver is
      mighty relieved I don't even try - sorry, gone at bit o/t) !! Must however give
      some thought to home production of this & my other favourite fortified wine
      Maderia - anyone any thoughts?
      --
      Dick