Make yer own activated charcoal

  • Tom Austin
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 1998
      Greetings from the great white north!

      I thought this information I came across might be useful for somebody here
      http://www.ikweb.com/enuff/public_html/cocochar.gif
      and the text which accompanies it-
      http://solstice.crest.org/renewables/bioenergy-list-archive/9810/msg00027.ht
      ml
      This is only for the serious do-it-yourselfers on the list!

      Best of luck to anyone who might try this - if you try then let us know!

      Tom in Canada
    • Rufus
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2009
        Tom, the websites links you've shown are no longer in service. Do you or any one else know how to make "activated" charcoal? I have a charcoal making unit that takes hardwood and burns it in the absence of Oxygen but that not quite the same as activation. Does any one have any thoughts on "activating" charcoal?

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Austin" <cletustheyokel@...> wrote:

        > Greetings from the great white north!
        >
        > I thought this information I came across might be useful for somebody here
        > http://www.ikweb.com/enuff/public_html/cocochar.gif
        > and the text which accompanies it-
        > http://solstice.crest.org/renewables/bioenergy-list-archive/9810/msg00027.ht
        > ml
        > This is only for the serious do-it-yourselfers on the list!
        >
        > Best of luck to anyone who might try this - if you try then let us know!
        >
        > Tom in Canada

      • KM Services
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 8, 2009

          I am not too sure of the process however if you look in the links section of New Distiller for

          Activated Carbon for Purification of Alcohol
          A complete book by Gert Strand
          http://homedistiller.org/activated_book1.pdf

          He talks of the manufacturing process and there is a lot of information on how to use Carbon etc

          Ken Mc

          href="http://solstice.crest.org/renewables/bioenergy-list-archive/9810/msg00027.ht">http://solstice. crest.org/ renewables/ bioenergy- list-archive/ 9810/msg00027. ht