RE;continuous still

  • Jack Ricks
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2001
      Tony
      Your thoughts on the still are very interesting.
      I bought a still a while back to distill water and have been using it
      since.One of the bigest faults I beleive with it is the fact it only
      has a capacity of 5litres(to cover the laws in Australia I would
      think)and I have given a lot of thought to how I could make a
      continuous still.Your ideas have got me thinking again and know doubt
      it will get the brain in action.

      One of the features of the 5lre still I have is that it turns itself
      off when it has run out off water(you can set it going at night and
      have distilled water in the morning)
      This is simply done with a switch that is attached to the boiler,that
      is heat activated.When the boiler gets too hot it switches off power
      to the element.I imagine you can get them at various set temp
      settings.
      It is only a small device and I think it would not be very expensive
      (my guess would be around $15 -$20 at the most)
      I will watch the followups to your post with interest and will pass
      on my thoughts in the future.

      Regards Jack