Re: Soldering Galvanized Steel

  • CornFed (Randy)
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2004
      http://www.mcmaster.com/

      part number 6806K125
      Black Pipe Threaded Flange with 2 inch NPT
      6 1/2" OD 5" Bolt Circle (4 Bolts) 15 USD

      Part Number 4350K356
      Stainless Steel 1/2 thick Flange with 2 inch NPT
      6" OD 4 Bolts 37.81 USD

      Part Number 4429K556
      Red Brass Flange with 2 inch NPT
      6" OD 4 3/4" Bolt Circle 98.69 USD

      if you sort thru the catalog you can get any standard pipe size
      flange and almost any material. Black pipe fittings will work just
      fine. Yes they will show signs of rust, but that is easily cleaned
      off. I use black pipe fittings with no adverse taste or
      contamination issues.

      If you are looking for large fittings outside of a catalog try
      contractor supply warehouses. Blank Flanges are installed by people
      who dig holes and install pipe underground and by commercial plumbers
      who work on large projects like apartment buildings, hotels, and
      water treament plants among other large projects.