Re;Clarifiers/finings

  • Jack Ricks
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2001
      Hey there Matt

      What I have done for the last few washes is to place the whole
      25litre fermenter in the deep freezer for about 10 hours.
      This drops the temp of the wash so all the yeast drops to the bottom
      of the wash and you can siphon the very clear wash from it.
      The taste of the finished product is pretty good.I think you could
      put in a fridge to get the same results, but I think it would take a
      lot longer to drop the temp so as to drop the yeast.

      Regards Jack