Re: [Distillers] Ph

  • Ted Palmer
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2001
      Cellular function typically becomes stressed at about 3.5 pH and 8.5 pH. Above and below those points and cell activity will slow or even halt.
      I have had yeast in storage under pressure of over 50 psi and they were just fine. Rapid depressurization though will rupture cell walls.
      Ted Palmer
      tpalmer@...