VM head mods.

  • jestah_nz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2004
      Hi

      My old VM head had a 3/4" offtake on a downward angle to the
      condenser. When i would open the gate valve i would get a rush
      of liquid and then it would settle down to a few drops per sec.
      .this still seemed to top out at about 93-4% i then wondered if
      this was dew to the very small amount of condensing goign on
      befor the condenser...

      So after re-brazing on the offtake to a VERY slight upward angle
      (enough to make sure any liquid would run back to the columb) i
      retested and found it was producing 95.5-96%

      this works well but has one draw back: when the valve is first
      opend it takes a while for the vapor to be drawn down into the
      tube but this can be speed up by opening the valve fully. i
      suspect this has someing to do with a chimny effect.

      Jestah